Great Barrier Reef pontoon day tour includes an activity platform perfect base for both swimmers and non-swimmers alike.
You can snorkel, scuba dive or choose to not get wet and visit the underwater observatory or the semi submersible.
Included in your day
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection
- Three (3) hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform
- Snorkelling equipment
- Use of buoyancy vests & lycra/stinger suits
- Reef education presentation
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater Observatory
- Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey
What to Bring
- Swimming costume and beach towel
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Money for drinks, souvenirs and optional activities
- And a sense of adventure!
- Passengers must check-in at the Great Adventures counter for boarding passes before boarding vessel.
- Boarding is 30 minutes prior to departure time.
Your Great Barrier Reef Pontoon Adventure
From 9.30 am
Check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to obtain your boarding pass.
Complimentary morning tea/coffee served on boarding. For your safety hot drinks are not served once the vessel is underway.
Depart Reef Fleet Terminal for the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon via Green Island.
Cake selection served on forward journey.
During your journey to the reef, a Reef Presentation is shown on the vessel’s monitors. Snorkelling demonstration by crew.
Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon
Reef activities commence… Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with informative commentary departs every 30 minutes or as advised. Snorkel directly from the platform. Collect your snorkel gear and buoyancy vests once on the platform. Underwater observatory is open throughout the day for coral and fish viewing. Pre-booked optional activities including introductory diving, Scuba-Doo and scenic helicopter flights commence as advised.
Hot and cold buffet lunch is served. Time for more reef activities or just relax on the sundeck and take in the views! Tea and coffee is available whilst at the platform
A blast on the ship’s horn will signal the time when all passengers should return to the vessel ready for departure.
A passenger count is conducted before leaving the Reef. Crew will announce when this commences and we ask all passengers to co-operate during this very important procedure by not moving about the vessel.
Departure to Cairns via Green Island. Complimentary cheese and biscuits served on homeward journey.
Arrive Marlin Marina, Cairns