The ultimate “City Sights” tour
Offering so much more than the usual City tours, this truly rewarding afternoon Half Day tour will surpass your highest expectations guaranteed!
Our qualified guides are passionate, experienced and very entertaining.
This half day tour is so much more than just a Cairns city tour, duration 5 hours (approx.)
- Small personalised groups
- Accommodation transfers available (rates apply)
- Small air-conditioned coach
- City highlights including flora and fauna
- Professional guided walk in the Flecker Botanic Gardens
- Tour of the Outback Opal Mine
- Delicious afternoon tea included
- World famous “Creation” windows, St Monica’s Cathedral
- Cairns best scenic lookouts
- Enjoy spectacular coastal views from Palm Cove jetty
- Not only do we explore Cairns city and its history, the busy wharves and industrial areas, but also observe the wildlife including many bird species.
- The Flecker Botanic Gardens contain an amazing collection of tropical plants including exotic herbs, spices, valuable timber trees, orchids, fruits, bromeliads, giant bamboo and many other spectacular flowering plants.
- The suburbs of Cairns are full of lush vegetation, including the “Central Swamps Reserves” reminders of the dense lowland jungle encountered by the early settlers and aboriginal people of the area.
- Whether you are into Bird watching, Nature, Tropical Plants, History, Industry or Culture, this City Tour has the lot. For those just wanting to relax and take in our superb scenery, and have a few laughs, you will not be disappointed.
- Our afternoon tea/refreshment stop is also a first class experience.
- Everything about this tour experience is designed to delight discerning travellers of all ages and interests. We look forward to meeting you and saying, Welcome Aboard!
- Your half day afternoon tour begins at the Waters edge, Marlin Marina the Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
- Cairns Highlights -Discover our vibrant cities history as you immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage unique to Far North Queensland.
- St. Monica’s Cathedral – Step inside one of the most breathtaking cathedrals in all of Australia, featuring the World’s largest themed stained glass windows.
- Afternoon Tea & Scones at Cafe 88 -Experience a true local delight with warm, fresh from the oven scones with strawberry jam and cream and your choice of locally grown Devonshire Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate
- Flecker Botanic Gardens – Enjoy a professional guided walk through the lush Flecker Botanical Gardens, renown for having one of the best exhibitions in Australia of tropical plants. Meander through the butterfly lined pathways under the green canopy, as your guide explains the various plant and wildlife you see along the way.
- Stunning Lookouts – Cairns’ best scenic lookouts. Take in the panoramic hillside views from the most stunning vantage points in Cairns.
- Barron Falls – Enjoy a walk at the lower section of the Barron Gorge National Park, Surprise Creek Falls.
- Palm Cove – Conclude the day leaving the best for last… simply stunning, Palm Cove. Choose to stroll along the jetty or feel your toes in the sand as you breathe in the salty sea air and watch the sunset before returning to your accommodate at 6.00pm.