Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Getaway
Dreaming of your own private sandy cay in the warm tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef? Well, stop dreaming because we have the perfect day for you! This Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Getaway is what dreams really are made of.
Your Journey Begins..
Imagine yourself and your loved one flying over the stunning reef. You’ll have a birds eye view of this natural wonder of the world. In addition to these picture postcard views, sightings of manta rays, turtles and other marine life are not uncommon.
Reaching Vlasoff Cay, a pristine sand cay in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, you will have your own little piece of paradise. No crowds, you’ll have it all to yourself.
For 2 hours, relax on the pure white sand and enjoy a gourmet picnic hamper and sparkling wine. Snorkel straight off the cay on the fringing reefs and discover the beauty of the surrounding coral gardens.
Your Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Getaway can be booked for any day with a minimum of 2 passengers, subject to helicopter availability. With a departure from Cairns General Aviation, courtesy return transfers from your Cairns City, northern beaches and Palm Cove hotel are included.
- Green Island
- Arlington Reef
- Vlasoff Reef
- Middle Cay
- Upolu Reef
(Depending on what time you choose to fly. We recommend 7am departure. Leaving early gives us the best chance of the sand cay being unoccupied).
- Accommodation transfer
- Depart general aviation
- 30 minute scenic flight
- 2 hours relaxing on the Sandy Cay
- Return transfer back to your accommodation.
- 30 minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
What to bring
- Swimwear, towel, hat and sunglasses
- Bottle of water
- Sand Cay landing is subject to sand cay availability. Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay and a very popular spot, especially during the weekends and holiday periods. If there is another helicopter, boat or people on the cay we cannot land. A landing on the cay is not possible with tides exceeding 2.2m and thus subject to tides on the day. In the event the sand cay is occupied, we fly to an alternative secluded beach nearby.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, all passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variance advised at time of booking greater than 10% may incur 100% cancellation fee.