Top Deck Club is Cairns’ Best VIP Reef Day Experience
Discover why our Top Deck Club Reef Day Cruise is the ultimate way to see Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Get that “Celebrity Feel” with our Great Barrier Reef “Top Deck Club” VIP Day
Enjoy a more personalised, private, and relaxed day and journey in style in the exclusive Captain’s Wheelhouse Topdeck Lounge.
This Cairns Top Deck Club Reef Day Cruise is a VIP Day with a Valet caring for you in and out of the water.
You will discover the natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef with a personalised snorkel tour and guided introductory or certified dive.
A minimum of 2 passengers is required to book this Top Deck Club Great Barrier Reef VIP Tour onboard Reef Experience.
- A personal valet/guide both onboard and in the water. Your personal crew member ensures your trip flows the way you want it to and is assigned to you for the entire day.
- Private guided snorkel tours and/or scuba dive tours for that extra in-water care and attention
- Reserved VIP Seating. You will have your very own table and seats in the Captain’s wheelhouse for the entirety of your trip.
- Skip the queues. You won’t wait in line for check-in, meals or collecting equipment.
- Dine in style! Enjoy your fresh, chef-prepared meals delivered to your table. A special lunch menu, plunger tea and coffee and a cheese & fruit platter & complimentary sparkling wine on the return journey. (All dietary requirements catered for – please advise upon booking)
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkelling at morning and afternoon reef locations
- FREE scuba dive* (no experience necessary) Medical Conditions apply – click here for more information (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive no-experience necessary at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit to scuba)
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Tour – combined with other passengers (weather permitting)
- FREE Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- FREE Marine Biology Presentation – combined with other passengers
- Large Sun Deck with padded loungers – combined with other passengers
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in
- 08:00 – Approximate departure & Safety Talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20 minute tour)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location
What to bring
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’
Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30pm
Where Can I Park?
There are a number of parking stations throughout Cairns that are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations, including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel, we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are thrilled to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible