Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours Top Deck Club Family tour
Luxury Great Barrier Reef tours depart daily from Cairns. Cairns is the best family reef tour. Inclusions start with a valet who will organise the whole day for you.
Next, Your day includes two outer barrier reefs, guided snorkelling, guided scuba diving, a glass-bottom boat, and an exclusive vessel area. This Great Barrier Reef tour includes breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea.
VIP Seating and Personal Valet
Journey to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the exclusive Captain’s Wheelhouse Topdeck Lounge. We pride ourselves on having the best crew on the reef. Your valet will undoubtedly take care of your family in and out of the water.
As priority passengers, your family will skip the queues. So, no waiting in line for check-in, meals or collecting equipment. Meanwhile, your crew member will bring everything to you in the comfort of your seating area.
You will visit two spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef locations. So, your family is sure to get the most out of this Great Barrier Reef experience. Enjoy private snorkel and scuba dive tours. The in-water guide will point out all the best spots and marine life.
Snorkelling is an easy activity for the whole family to enjoy. Float in the warm waters of the reef. Discover coral gardens bursting with colourful tropical fish and turtles.
Kids over 12 and adults can try scuba diving. Our highly qualified instructors will take you diving in a shallow, safe environment. Drift weightlessly around the Reef and get up close to beautiful marine life.
Then sit back and relax in the Top Deck Club area. Next, enjoy An a la carte breakfast I bacon, a fresh tropical fruit platter, freshly brewed tea, and coffee.
Our onboard chef will prepare a delicious lunch for your family. All are made with local produce and served directly to your table.
Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours cater to all dietary requirements.
Reef Experience visits two outer Great Barrier Reef sites every day.
The captain will decide which Great Barrier Reef location is best for guest comfort on the day.
Learn about our Great Barrier Reef locations
On the journey back to Cairns, enjoy a glass of Australian sparkling wine and a delicious cheese and fruit platter.
Discover more Hot Getaways
All Your Needs are taken Care of
- A personal valet/guide both onboard and in the water. They will look after your whole family. Your personal crew member ensures your trip flows the way you want it to.
- Private guided snorkel tours as well as scuba dive tours for that extra care and attention.
- Reserved VIP Seating. You will have your very own table and seats in the Captain’s wheelhouse.
- Skip the queues. So you won’t wait in line for check-in. As well as meals or collecting equipment.
- Dine-in style. You will be served to your table with fresh, Chef-prepared meals. Meanwhile, enjoy a special lunch menu. In addition to plunger tea and coffee. A cheese & fruit platter & complimentary sparkling wine on the return journey. Importantly, all dietary requirements catered for – please advise upon booking.
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations.
- Unlimited Snorkelling.
- FREE scuba dive* (no experience necessary). Medical Conditions apply – click here for more information (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit scuba dive).
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour. Combined with other passengers (weather permitting).
- Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation.
- Marine Biologist Presentation. Combined with other passengers.
- Large Sun Deck with padded loungers. Combined with other passengers.
The Ultimate Day on the Great Barrier Reef
- 7:30 am – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in.
- 8:00 am – Approximate departure and Safety Talk with snorkel briefing.
- 8:30 am – Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours Marine Biology presentation. After that, a detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating.
- 9:30 am – Arrive at our first spectacular Reef site. After that, snorkel and dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams, and more.
- 10:30 am – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20-minute tour).
- 12:30 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Cruise to our second location. Meanwhile, explore gardens of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in its shallow lagoons.
- 3:00 pm – Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours depart the Great Barrier Reef.
- 3:30 pm – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese and biscuits.
- 4:30 pm – In conclusion, arrive back in Cairns.
- A personal valet
- a la carte breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea.
- A bottle of Australian sparkling wine on the journey back to Cairns.
- Access the exclusive Captains Wheelhouse Top Deck Club lounge.
- Return bus transfers from your Cairns accommodation
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Introductory or Certified scuba dive
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire.
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc.
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area.
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location.
What to bring
- Cash and/or credit card for purchases.
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream.
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver.
How to get there
Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in. Directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience.
Arrive back at Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30 pm.
Where Can I Park?
Several parking stations throughout Cairns are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where.
Safety comes first
We have a passion for showing you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Therefore, please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but certainly the safest scuba diving record.
The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and we comply with all rules, including medical as is the law.
Consequently, to avoid disappointment on your Family Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours, we therefore strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire.
Some medical conditions, age in addition to medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
Above all, it is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
In conclusion, we are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying After Scuba Diving
For a single no-decompression scuba dive. So you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive.
If you complete multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
For example, if Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
In addition, we recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.
Luxury Great Barrier Reef Tours for your family
Reef Experience Top Deck Club
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule, alter a reservation, or make any amendments to prepaid tour components, such as equipment hire, guided tours, or course fees.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. No refund or compensation will be issued for unused equipment, prepaid/pre-booked courses and/or Scuba dives, or guides if you cannot complete the entire tour. Please see Scuba Diving – Important Information below.
Schedules are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to change vessels, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information, we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
Terms And Conditions
- No alcohol may be consumed before in-water activities.
- Children’s prices are from 4 to 11 years of age.
- Locations, vessels and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances, but with full consideration of your safety and enjoyment.
- All Reef Levies and EMC charges are included in your booking price.
- Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance at +61 7 4037 2700
- We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries, all of which are subject to change without notice.
- Neither this site nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, any loss, any damage, delays, deaths or personal injury.
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase Comprehensive Travel Insurance that covers personal injury and the events, including but not limited to your cancellation for any reason and the cancellation or alteration to the scheduled itinerary for reasons involving weather or passenger, crew or vessel safety. Please read your insurance policy's wording carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
- Please inform us of any special requirements 48 hours before your travel date, such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the ‘Booking Message’ section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team.
SCUBA DIVING - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please note it is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
- You must complete a Medical Questionnaire before participating in any Scuba activities.
- Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Queensland Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor on board.
For example, here’s a list of medical conditions that will/may prevent you from scuba diving: Asthma / Wheezing or the use of an inhaler, Brain, spinal cord or nervous/anxiety disorder, Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint, Chronic sinus condition, Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax), Diabetes, Chest Surgery, Heart Disease of any kind, high blood pressure, Crones Disease in particular. Please note medical conditions are not limited to the aforementioned; there are many other conditions.
- If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please check with our Office or complete our ‘CAN I GO DIVING’ questionnaire on our website.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to be proactive concerning their medical conditions and take medications to ensure they are ok to scuba dive if they wish to do so on the day.
- Upon arriving at our vessel, and before commencing any dive activities, all passengers must complete our liability forms. All information provided must be strictly accurate. If during the tour, it becomes apparent that a form has been incorrectly completed, either by omission or false statement, we reserve the right to prevent any customer from undertaking any scuba diving or snorkelling activities while on board our vessel. Any decision made in this regard will be at the absolute discretion of the Dive Crew aboard the vessel.
- Please be advised that if you are not allowed to Scuba Dive due to your medical condition/medication this is the decision of the Queensland Dive Doctors, and their decision is final.
- DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions, and you should be fine to scuba dive, as it is the medication that can be the problem when scuba diving.
- No refunds on uncompleted dives due to medical conditions or change of mind.
- Please remember you must allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
- If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba Dive, please contact our Office at 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected].com, we will be only too happy to help you if we can. Alternatively, consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1.’